Security Engineer II-Splunk
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work where our employees are our most important asset and great ideas count more than titles.
Proficio is a leading provider of cloud-based security services. We are changing the way organizations meet their IT security and compliance goals by providing the most advanced cloud-based solutions to monitor and scan critical assets without the need for added headcount or costly on premise systems. Staffed 24×7 by security experts and using industry leading SIEM technology, ProSOC helps organizations address critical security and compliance needs, prevent data breaches, and reduce costs. Our customers value our insight, experience and unrelenting passion for defending their networks and applications from cyber-attacks.
The Splunk Cybersecurity Engineer reports to our Global Director of Security Services and participates in the creation and administration of our Splunk SIEM ES customer instances - predominantly in the US, but this role will also provide support globally as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Splunk ES and associated platforms to include content creation, maintenance, and administration tasks.
- Research, analyze and understand log sources utilized for the purpose of security monitoring, particularly security and networking devices (such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, proxies, and operating systems)
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the SIEM/Log Management platforms.
- Provide technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products.
- Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response.
- 5+ years hands on experience in engineering and supporting a large scale Splunk (ES highly preferred) environment.
- Strong event logging solutions for large corporations is preferred.
- Experienced with multiple security platform administration or engineering within large-scale or global enterprises combined
- Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Good command on Python, Perl, SQL, Regex and Shell scripting is preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans and other benefits from day 1
- Weekly Prolunch
- 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Voluntary Life Insurance programs