Security Analyst II
Proficio is one of the fastest growing Managed Detection and Response (MDR) providers (formerly MSSP) in America, providing 24×7 security analysis and monitoring services to mid to large-sized enterprises. Our growth is being fueled by the rapid rise in cloud-based services, the acceptance of the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, and the increasing number of cyber security attacks on businesses, hospitals and government. We have developed proprietary security content and threat intelligence tools to identify and proactively defend against advanced attacks and insider threats.
We are looking for top performers to join our exciting fast growing company to help address the most challenging security issues in the industry. If you are a serious security professional looking to catch the next wave, we should talk. As a Proficio SOC Analyst, you will be responsible for helping our customers to identify security threats, thwart hackers, and prevent data breaches. You will work with the industry’s leading SIEM technology to monitor security events, prioritize alerts, and investigate and remediate incidents.
Direct experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC) is ideal, but we are looking for people who can use their knowledge of security, analytical abilities, and strong communication skills to take on one of the most challenging roles in this exploding field. This is an opportunity to learn, contribute, and grow unlike few others in the IT industry today.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Watch active channels/dashboards and replay and interpret events
- Create annotations, reports and cases
- Investigate incidents using channels, event graphs, annotations, cases, and reports
- Recognize patterns or inconsistencies that could indicate complex cyber attacks
- Recommend improvements to service, efficiency and quality of work
- Develop and document appropriate troubleshooting techniques
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills
- Meet defined service level agreements regarding response time and customer notification
- Undergraduate degree in a systems administration, networking, or technical field such as computer science or engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a SOC Analyst is preferred but not required
- Experience with ArcSight or SIEM technology is preferred but not required
- IT or Cybersecurity related degree OR work in the network administration area with experience in products such as SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and vulnerability management
- Solid understanding of computer network fundamentals including address resolution protocol, routing, network address translation, virtual private networks, and the OSI model
- Ability to read and interpret network diagrams
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Work in an award-winning cybersecurity firm with a team of like-minded individuals!
- Competitive Salary
- Private health insurance