Onboarding Security Engineer I
Proficio is one of the fastest growing Managed Detection and Response (MDR) providers (formerly MSSP) in America. We provide cloud-based IT security and compliance solutions to medium to large-sized enterprises.
According to Gartner, the managed security services business is one of the fast growing segments in the IT industry. The adoption of cloud computing, the trend to outsourcing, and the increasing number of security breaches are all propelling the growth of the Managed Security Services industry.
Proficio is at the center of this exciting industry changing the way organizations meet their IT security and compliance goals by providing the most advanced cloud-based solutions to monitor and scan critical assets.
We are seeking an energetic Onboarding Security Engineer I to serve as a technical resource and leader. The position centers on security and availability of customer data as it is brought into the Proficio SIEM. The Onboarding Security Engineer I will assist in working with new clients as they transition to our ProSOC service. This includes ensuring timely deployment of services, developing a personalized on-boarding strategy for each customer and auditing of systems reporting from the client to our Security Operation Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the onboarding and implementation of ProSOC service and Managed Security Services solutions for Proficio clients across industries and geographic locations.
- Act as a technical liaison between Proficio and its customers during the onboarding process.
- Review technical security posture (network, application, and database) for existing and newly acquired businesses or services.
- Perform security reviews and monitoring of the production environment.
- Perform the installation and configuration of security monitoring tools in support of our ProSOC service.
- Use out of the box thinking as well as industry standard troubleshooting tools, such as, Wireshark, TCPDUMP, and other tools, to facilitate on-boarding of customer data sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Information Technology IT Security in a SOC or NOC environment working with a broad range of technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general networking and security principles and practices required including previous work experience in areas such as Network Administration, Network Engineering, Security Engineering, and Security Administration.
- Effective time task management skills.
- Basic Unix or Linux systems administration and command-line experience (Redhat/Linux, FreeBSD, etc.).
- Splunk SIEM deployment and implementation experience is highly desired for this role and experience in this area will garner higher pay!
- Experience with Windows Server security logs.
- Understanding of Firewall and IDS/IPS networking gear preferred.
- Experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Knowledge with network analysis tools, such as, Wireshark and TCPDump and SCP.
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows environments as may pertain to Network and Security tasks including syslog, DNS, load balancers and BIND, BigIP command line on BSD, Windows Event Log.
- Scripting/programming skills (Perl, Python) and familiarity with ethical hacking a plus
- Security certification required, such as, Security+ and Network+.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work where our employees are our most important asset and great ideas count more than titles.
Proficio is a leading Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP). We are changing the way organizations meet their IT security and compliance goals by providing the most advanced cloud-based solutions to monitor and scan their critical assets without the need for added headcount or costly software and hardware systems.
Proficio offers the following services:
- ProSOC is Proficio’s real-time security monitoring and managed security service. ProSOC security experts use industry leading SIEM technology to monitor, prioritize and respond to security alerts 24×7.
- ProSCAN is a highly accurate vulnerability management service protecting against security threats and automating compliance reporting and workflow.
- Proficio’s ProNOC service provides 24×7 monitoring of networks, servers, circuits, and applications helping to ensure continuous uptime.
- Proficio offers a range of consulting services including penetration testing, risk assessments and vulnerability analysis.
Proficio's customers benefit from receiving highly cost effective solutions ensuring the security, compliance, and performance of their networks and applications. See www.proficio for more.
- Peer training and mentorship with upward mobility.
- Relevant continuing education and certifications.
- Monthly corporate lunch events
- Quarterly team building events